Well, Darren has been gone for approximately eleven and a half days (not like I'm counting) and it has definitely not been fun, BUT it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting. I thought I would be in total depression (which I was for the first couple days) but overall I am doing okay. I am trying to watch all of the "chick flicks" I can while he is gone and eat at all of the restaurants I love that he doesn't like as much. I do LOVE my 2-3 conversations with him a day and his sweet text messages.
The past week has been quite eventful/not eventful at all. I have worked quite a bit and had tons of school recently with the semester coming to a halt (thank the heavens above). My classes this last semester were SO liberal and borderline offensive, therefore I cannot wait to get them done with. Other than that, my sweet parents have let me stay at their house when I get nervous and have taken me to dinner quite a bit as well. Angels. I have spent some time with JayCee (obviously we watched Grey's Anatomy and grubbed on chocolate covered cinnamon bears) and Lana Lu (chatting and getting some Yogurtland). Good times. Last night I had the privilege of going to see the movie "The Back Up Plan" which I thought was pretty funny. Jennifer Lopez looked gorg and it was a good flick (maybe not for men though). Other than that, my life is pretty boresville.

Just a little update on Darren...he has be selling great! He has really liked selling pest control this year. He needed a change this summer from selling alarms. He enjoys living in Indianapolis (we refer to it as Indy). His mission boundaries included parts of Indiana so last Sunday he had the opportunity to attend one of the branches that he served in. He LOVED it! I think it made his whole summer. Since the town he served in was sooo small, everyone remembered him and many cried when they saw him. It was tender to hear the experiences he had. I am so incredibly grateful for Darren's mission. He would not be the person he is today without it (I know everyone says that but seriously, I mean it). I know that he has thought about his mission at least once every day since he left. I can't wait to meet some of the people he taught when I go out to visit!

---P.S. Wouldn't you be excited if you got to see this face in 23 days?
3 comments:
cute gurl. I love chick flicks and I love my BG. You rock.
love the updates. and i had no idea that darren was selling pest control! coolio. love ya gurl and love our one hour lunch break phone chats. can't wait to see you over memorial weekend. you are my best friend!
I have not seen your cute face at all!!! we need to hang!!!
Post a Comment