Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bread and Sandwich Shops

Okay honestly, I have a slight obsession. It is borderline weird. If I see a sub or bread shop pop up in my area I have this huge desire to try it out. I get excited about it. Darren on the other hand, isn't crazy about subs SO I usually try to go without him for lunch or whatnot. For example, yesterday I had Port of Subs not only for lunch but also for dinner. I secretly wanted it again for dinner tonight but told myself no because the people that work at the Port of Subs near my house probably think I am a nut case. Also, there is a "Great Harvest" opening right below Darren's apartment in Indy on the 11th. I was so weirdly excited about it that I have already planned our trips down there to get a FREE slice of bread when I go to visit in July. Men don't really understand food obsession like women do. I told Darren a couple months ago that opening a "Great Harvest" would be my dream. Surprisingly, he told me to look in to how much it would cost to get one started. I'll probably just stick to being a customer (actually not really a customer because I am the annoying girl that just likes the free slice of bread).


--P.S. There is a shop that I went to alone while we were living in Dallas called "Which Wich?" I saw it one day and since I was not with Darren for lunch I decided to give it a whirl. DIVINE! I ate there only one time and I have not forgotten about it since (hence this blog post). Well, since I work at Wells Fargo I went about my daily routine looking at every single detail of our banking history and came upon a transaction at "Which Wich?" for about $6.00 from Carmel, IN. When I talked to Darren tonight I had to ask what he thought of his lunch and to my surprise he LOVED it. So, if you have one of these shops near your home, do try it out! (Apparently there is one coming soon to Vegas on N. Rainbow)

4 comments:

The Andersons said...

Port of Subs is like a sister to me. i hate how they don't have any anywhere near the SLC area. I love carbs. Which wich sounds divine and im totes gonna see if they have one here. you rock and so does bread. get in my belly.

Shea said...

I'm the same with chicken fingers.
-scott

Tuttles said...

port is so divine. I need it. I need to go there with my BGs and stay for 2 hours and leave smelling like onions. I am a food connoisseur and I can tell you professionally that port is too good. I miss you bg. get at that port, have a number 3 for me with smokey cheddar on sourdough.

sloan said...

Okay so my friend owns a great harvest and it is DIVINE... love port too.... also I like jimmy johns and firehouse WOW they have the best pastrami sub... And I know about food obsessions as I have them myself.... love ya