Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Indy and Chi-Town!

So, I left on Thursday for Indianapolis to visit my sweetheart. I got in at 7pm and Darren was able to pick me up (which was so exciting because I thought I was going to have to take a taxi to his apt). From there we went to his apartment (which is pretty much like a loft, very modern) and he made me dinner. It was good and we just spent time together and watched the movie Couple's Retreat. The next day, Darren went to work for a part day while I laid out by the pool and tried to get some sun. Once he got home we made the 3 hour drive to Chicago (where Darren served his mission). We got in a little late and decided to grab some food at Portillos which has DIVINE hot dogs and burgers. After, we got a room at the Sleep Inn in Naperville which is a suburb of Chicago. Darren served there for 9 months of his mission so the next morning we got up and went to visit 4 families that were members in his area. It was so fun to meet them and hear the stories they told about Darren. It is crazy how much closer the members in the east are to the missionaries. It kind of made me sad that we aren't like that. Anywho, after visiting we went and met up with Sam who is one of Darren's converts. He is SO Italian and took us to lunch and showed us around the city. Such a nice and funny guy. We drove back to Indy later that night. On Sunday, we went to church and then drove around Carmel, IN (where Darren lives). It is so pretty and green. The houses there are huge and beautiful. We later watched Mr. Deeds and Avatar (don't tell my brother we watched Avatar, he will be very upset) and made chicken parmesan. We then went out with some of the guys from the office and they played Volleyball and flew a huge kite (this kite was not a normal kite, it was like a $200 serious business kite). It was really cool and fun. We then watched Casino Royale 007 and hit the sack. The next morning I went home. Sad. I loved every second of my trip and I did not want to come home. But life goes on and I have school and work. Reality sucks.

Driving to Chi Town.
Darren's first apartment in the mission field.

Portillos is da bomb!
Art Festival in downtown Chicago.
Darren and Sam.

Just liked this billboard for obvious reasons.
Chicago River.
The Bean. They clean this everyday to make it so shiny.
A hot spot in Chicago for pizza. We had just eaten, so next time we will have to get some.
Drinking Chicago's famous lemonade.
Playing Volleyball in the field.
Just being a Hawaiian Warrior.
Bye bye Indy, I'll see you in 1 month!

3 comments:

Shea said...

cute post! glad you had a good time. have to admit im glad you are only visiting i missed you!! it was hard without having either of my sisters here!!

sloan said...

sooooo fun!!! I want to go there... I am glad you were able to get away for a little bit of chill time... good for you

The Andersons said...

cutie pics gurrll. You rock and so does chi-town.