Friday, October 1, 2010
Update-Ellie
Okay, so I don't mean to be dramatic BUT this past week was pretty interesting. We were given Ellie last Tuesday. She acted like a very normal puppy. Two days later (Thursday) she vomited once in the afternoon and once late that night. Friday, I took her to the Vet for her first shots and let the Vet know about the vomiting. She thought it probably came from the change of food. Friday night Ellie vomited about 5-6 times. Saturday morning, back to the Vet. Left her there all day so the Vet could run tests on her. All of the tests came back negative. Then they checked her blood, glucose level was extremely high. Then they checked her urine, glucose in the urine. They diagnosed her with diabetes. We gave her insulin, it brought her back to a normal glucose level. She still looked like death. We took her back to the Vet Monday morning. She stayed over night. The plan was to give her 48 hours and then we would put her down. We didn't think there was any hope because she was less than 2 lbs. Tuesday at 8:30am I got a text message from the Vet (we became pretty good pals after spending the whole week together) saying to call her as soon as I could. I called. She said Ellie had totally changed and had finally started eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom. Darren picked her up from the Vet after work. She looked much better. The Vet said this was a "Medical Miracle". She has been on antibiotics since and is doing really well. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment