Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beef Stew

Today was my day off and after cleaning and de-cluttering my house, I started watching the Food Network. My baby gurl Rachel Ray was making this DIVINE looking "stoup", as she calls it (when it's too thick to be a soup and too thin to be a stew). Anyway, I really love to cook and trying new things and this made me want to make some beef stew that Darren has been craving for the past few days. It is so good! Just thought I'd share the recipe...

2 lbs of steak, cubed
Tabasco sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3-4 cups of beef broth
2 potatoes, cut into cubes
3-4 carrots, cut (or a bunch of cut baby carrots)
1/2 cup of frozen corn
1/2 cup of peas
1/2 small can of tomato sauce (or to taste)
a pinch of whatever other seasonings you love (I used bay leaves, thyme, and oregano)

Brown the beef in a bit of oil. Add Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce (however much you would like). Add onions and saute. Transfer this into a pot. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, garlic, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer for about an hour (or until potatoes are soft). 20 min before serving add in peas, corn, and tomato sauce. Enjoy!

P.S. You can also just throw everything in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

This meal is SOUPer good and easy!

1 comment:

Tuttles said...

you go girl. I LOVE beef stew. thats sounds absolutely Divine.