Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Big 25

Tomorrow is Darren's birthday. He will be a quarter of a century! What an old fart! I love him. Today we went to a BBQ with some of Darren's family friends. One of his friends said to him, "Man that sucks that your birthday falls on Easter. Aren't you mad about that?" Darren said, "Of course not. I get to share my birthday with the Savior." That is why I married him. Earlier today Darren got in an argument with someone he knows and he was not pleased with the way that this guy was talking to him. It really upset him. Darren said, "No one is allowed to talk to me that way except my wife!" Haha. I hope I don't talk to him rudely but at least I know he loves me enough to allow me to talk that way if I wanted.  He makes me laugh. I love him.  He has been MORE than sweet to me during my pregnancy.  The other day he said, "I don't ever want you to look back on your pregnancies and think of me as being unsympathetic or rude to you." I can't tell you how many times I have asked him to go grab me crackers while I am in bed. He doesn't even flinch, he gets right up and gets me some and to be honest most of the time he probably feels worse than me. He has become more and more sweet as our marriage has progressed. I know he loves me. I know he loves our Heavenly Father. I know he wants the best for our future family. And to me that is everything. I love you, Darren. Happy 25th Birthday and Easter!

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

This is tender! Happy Bday Day-ron! Miss you guys!