Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bye bye 2nd trimester!

So long to 2nd trimester! Hallelujah! I have now entered my final trimester of pregnancy and I am more than thrilled about it. Although, I must say, second trimester was pretty exciting. A few highlights from trimester #2:

  • Felt the baby kick for the first time
  • Found out the gender
  • Started showing
  • You can tell that I am pregnant now and not just chubby
  • Everyone has started to treat me like the queen of England
  • I have felt GREAT minus a little bit of heartburn and some days of low energy

All in all, no complaints! I should probably have 50 kids with how easy my pregnancy is, but I'll be honest, I am definitely not a very patient person. We will see. Still no name is set in stone. We are just too laid back when it comes to figuring out a name. As long as we go to the hospital with it narrowed down to 2 or 3 names, we will be good. Oh yes, and I have had the joy of charlie horse cramps in my legs in the middle of the night. This happens about once a week and I am getting too big to where I can't pull my big toe and straighten my leg at the same time in order to release the pain. So I usually/ALWAYS have to wake Darren up to pull my big toe and straighten my leg for me. Well, last night I had the worst cramp in my leg ever and woke up in the middle of the night screaming and he was trying and trying to help me but it was not working and the pain was not going away. At this point I had the pillow in my face and was crying and screaming at the same time. We finally were able to calm the pain down. Hahaha looking back now I think its pretty hilarious and I bet Darren thinks I am just weird. He is so sweet though and never complains.  My poor leg has ached all day from the pain and I have limped around a bit. And yes, I know this means I need to drink more water...I DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS!  I can't help that it's 145 degrees outside!

P.S. Our baby is about 2.25 lbs and almost 15 inches long!

3 comments:

MC Lewis said...

I got those a TON with Ayvree. Never point your toes when you might start to feel it. However in your sleep it can be hard to remember stuff like that. I hated them!! Are you guys going with any Hawaiian names?

Shea said...

Gotta love the charlie horses love you

Erin said...

Wow. . . I totes forgot about those horrendous cramps in the night. I think I developed a mild case of turrets evert time those hit. Flexing your foot helps. Just one more reason why I loved being pregnant :)! So great! Can't wait till your little guy gets here!