Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Big 30!!!

 I finally hit 30 weeks (on Tuesday actually)! I have been looking forward to this splendid day for quite awhile. I feel like once you hit 30 weeks it's all downhill.  Don't get me wrong, I am sure it is a very l.o.n.g. downhill, but still downhill. My stomach is starting to occasionally look lop-sided from the babes moving and my belly button looks like it is on the verge of becoming an "outtie" (not excited about that). I have started to retain water and have become more swollen in my face, hands, ankles, and feet. It's a weird feeling and looks ug, oh well. I also enjoyed having the flu this past week (just getting over it) along with Braxton Hicks. But, life is good and we CANNOT wait to meet this little pumpkin. And I can say pumpkin because his due date is in October. Totally appropriate. I think Darren and I will take a trip to register for baby stuff. Next on our list is to start putting together the nursery.  We have all of the furniture, but nothing is really put in place and we have to sand and stain a 125 year old dresser that my mom bought for us at a garage sale (I kinda wanted an antique looking one to refurbish ourselves). She also got us an old fashion looking rocking chair from the same garage sale and it is in perfect shape! We have our crib bought and Sloan and Zane are letting us use their changing table. And I bought and painted a miniature rocking horse for our little man as well. So check-mark for all of the furniture.

P.S. This little lady is now 1 year old. Probably the only birthday that will get acknowledged once the baby gets here haha. (And no, we are not weird...we are not throwing her a party or doing anything like that).

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

haha i love ellie's little shirt! you look sooo good and can't wait to meet your little pumpkin either!

sloan said...

you are HOT HOT HOT!!!!