On Monday, August 8th, I had a follow up doctor's ultrasound with the high risk doctor to make sure that the fluid in our baby's kidneys had not gotten worse...Let me back up. A few months ago, when I was 19 weeks I had an ultrasound and they found a little extra fluid in our baby's kidney (nothing they were too worried about) and wanted me to go to a high risk doctor just to make sure everything checked out fine. In June, I went and the doctor said it was just fine as long as nothing changed and we scheduled another follow up appt. just to make sure it was all good before delivery. So, my ultrasound this past Monday was just that. Well, during this ultrasound they informed me that our baby's legs and arms were 2 weeks behind schedule. I thought, well what does that mean? The lady left, talked to the doctor who was still with another patient, came back in, took pictures of my umbilical cord to look at the blood flow, went back out to give the doctor the pictures, and the doctor walked in my room 2 minutes later. I sat there nervous. Right when he walked in he teased me about being a "problem" and I asked why? He then went on to inform me that my placenta is failing (aka placental insufficiency). He told me that my placenta was failing early. Therefore, the baby's body was recognizing this and was feeding all of the nutrients to the brain and heart (knowing they are most important) and not feeding many nutrients to the arms and legs. Scary! Well, I was 32 weeks and asked what the worst case scenario would be. He said my baby would be born today and have to spend quite some time in the NI-CU catching up. Will he catch up?? Yes, because I am far enough along that he will develop just fine. Ah! what a crazy feeling! I am now being monitored twice a week and there is no way to estimate when this child will be born. He could be next week (probably not) and could be in 6 weeks. We just have to wait and see. The doctor is thinking probably around mid September-ish. That is great news!
Darren and his friend Casey are going to put in new flooring to our downstairs. I can't wait! They will start today after work and it will probably take a few days. It will be so pretty and just in time for our baby boy. I will post pictures when they are finished.
Speaking of baby boy...we have pretty much decided on a name...DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....
JASE!
Cute, huh? I know, I know. See ya.
5 comments:
Love the name and cant wait to meet the lil man
LOVE MY BABY BOI JASE!!! And I'm so glad he is doing better! grow baby grow!
I love the name! Jase is adorable. I'm so sorry about the complications! I had to go to the specialist for the fluid in Noah's kidneys too. It ended up clearing up, but I was still terrified. i hope his arms and legs catch up to the rest of him, so he doesn't have to be in the nicu for long. Can't wait to meet him, and see your new floors! Love you!
I am going to squeeze that baby so hard, so tell him to get big so it can be a good squeeze.
o whitnee i hope that little baby stays in as long as possible! i am so sorry we will pray for u guys! but that name is adorable and we cannot wait to see what he looks like! keep the blog updated i hope al goes welL!
Post a Comment