Jase's first time at the beach.
Getting his feet wet.
Day 1- We took the red eye flight Wednesday morning and left at 1:30am. We arrived at 6:00am at the Honolulu airport. From there Papa Henry took us out for breakfast at a very nice restaurant called Sam Choys. It was so good! From there we went Serraos home (where we stayed during the trip) and took a nice nap. Around 2pm we left and headed out to Waikiki Beach for some sight-seeing and beach time. Very relaxing.
North Shore
Polynesian Cultural Center
Figians
Canoe riding
Day 2- Thursday we woke up and got ready to head out to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC). On our way there we stopped at the beach on the North Shore and saw them setting up for a surf competition. We also drove by the Dole Plantation. I loved the north shore and Laie. It is so pretty and green. The PCC was so fun and I learned a lot about all of the different cultures. We were also able to go on the Visitor Center tour of the Laie Temple. The temple itself was closed for cleaning. The tour was very informative. At the PCC we also went canoe riding, ate the feast, and saw the HA show in the evening. Such a fun filled day. Jaser Boy was such a good boy.Body surfing at Sandys beach
Chinese New Year celebration
Day 3- Friday was relaxing. Darren, Rowan and I woke up early and headed out to the beach. We went to Sandy's Beach which is known for a strong dangerous current. Therefore, I stayed on the sand. I was a little nervous for Darren and Rowan because even many of the locals don't get in the water there and people have died there. But it was smaller that day, so it was okay. We spent the whole morning there and then grabbed lunch and headed home for a nap. Rowan and Dorinda had bought Darren and I tickets to go on a dinner cruise. Very fun! It took us along the coast of Oahu. We ate dinner, watch Polynesian dancing, and then they had a firework show. It was a nice and romantic night out just by ourselves. Much needed. After we drove by the celebration for the Chinese New Year down in China town. We got there right when it was ending but it was still very cool. It's so interesting and fun to learn about others cultures.Swap Meet
Pearl Harbor
Four generations
Day 4- Saturday was great! We started the day off by going to the Swap Meet. There we bought lots of fun touristy stuff and enjoyed the beautiful weather. After, we headed right across the street to Pearl Harbor and took the tour there. It was so interesting and very sad. I am really glad we went and that I was able to learn more about our country's history. From Pearl Harbor we ate at a Chop Suey restaurant and then went to go visit Papa Henry and Grandma Barbara. Their condo is so nice and I love the area that they live in. The complex they live in is super tropical and really pretty. It looks like a resort. We ate traditional Hawaiian food along with some good old ribs. VERY tastey. Darren literally could not even walk after dinner...no self control at dinner. Papa Henry gave us puka shell necklaces that he made as well as a picture of him in the Air Force from when he was younger. He is 88 years old and moves and acts like he is 60.Day 5- Sunday we went to sacrament meeting where Rowan used to attend. The church is so close to the beach. It was a way nice view. After church we headed over to Lindsey and Roxanne's home. They were friends of Rowan and Dorinda's when they were first married. The are great people. We then headed over to Uncle Nevin and Aunty Rayanne's house. There we had a BBQ with a lot of Darren's family. It was good to finally be able to put face's with the names of Darren's relatives. I have heard so much about them but I had not met many of them. They were really fun and outgoing.
We had such a wonderful trip and I am so glad that we had the opportunity to go and meet so many great people. Aloha!






























f
No comments:
Post a Comment