My cute little pumpkin has the same nightly routine every day. First, we take a bath where Jaser kicks and giggles and kicks some more. Sometimes when I take him out of the bath he starts to cry a bit because he loves it so much! Second, we dry off, Mom gives Jaser a toy while we get all lotioned up with Johnson's Lavender Bedtime Lotion (love it). Third, we put our jammies on and start to rub our eyes a lot and whine a little. Fourth, Mom gives Jaser a warm bottle and a kiss goodnight and to sleep we go!
Every night it is the same and I wouldn't trade this simple little memory for anything! I love our bedtime together.
So here's the deal. I used to cook a lot more than I have recently. With Darren and I both working, we have become quite the slackers. But, we like home cooked meals. They are usually healthier, cheaper and taste better (at least better than fast food). So I have decided to go back to cooking. My goal is to cook 4-5 nights a week. I don't think that's getting too crazy. I have loved it! The only bad part is clean up, and Darren has been really good about helping out with that (I despise it). The other night I sauteed zucchini, onions, and shrimp in olive oil and garlic. Then I cut up and cooked sausage as well with a side of rice. It was so good! Darren was in heaven. The other night I made Mongolian Beef, (recipe posted awhile back) it was delish. Tonight, we went basic with spaghetti and salad. And the other night a grilled cheese sandwich. Scrum to my bum.


1 comment:
I need to cook more too!! Good job girl. And I love Jaser boy's nightly routine. especially when he rubs his eyes. his little hands are my favorite.
Post a Comment