Monday, June 24, 2013

Holy Moly- It's been WAY too long!

I promised myself that I would update this at least once a month because this is our family journal. Not only have I not done that, but I have missed 6 months! Not cool, not cool. JayCee and Justin just had a beautiful baby girl today and it made me want to go back and look at pictures from the day Jase was born. So, I logged on my blog and started reading through many of my posts. I am so glad that I documented so much. It was so fun to go back and read! Now I feel extra bad that I haven't updated in such a long time. Welp, let me try and play catch.

JANUARY
January 12th Shelbee girl turned 1! She is the sweetest, cutest little one year old year ever. For her birthday party we went to McDonalds for breakfast and the kids played in the playhouse area and we were all able to just hang out and chit chat. Great idea for a baby's birthday party! We had so much fun, especially Jase.

Jase was not feeling well one day so I stayed home from work to take care of him. He had asked for "da da" a few times that day so we decided to go take In 'N' Out to Darren for lunch and eat with him at his work trailer. Jase was in heaven being able to hang with his daddy at work! Darren didn't mind it either!

The 49er went to the Superbowl this year and if anyone knows Darren, they know that he is a HUGE 9ers fan. This is Jase in his football gear while watching one of the playoff games before the Superbowl.

Darren got shingles! OUCH! This picture doesn't do justice to how they looked at one point. He was such a trooper and only took off work 2 days. If anyone has had shingles, or knows anyone who has had shingles, they know that it is crazy to only take off 2 days of work. A lot of people take off 2 weeks. Grateful for his hard work. Even though sometimes I think he should take a load off every now and then.


Just some fun times at Target! Can you tell that Jase was teething in the picture above? Haha.


Baby Parks J. Otteson was born on January 28,  2013. We are so happy to have another boy in the family! Congrats Kenzi and Christian, he is beautiful!


FEBRUARY
Just eating an ice cream cone with Grandpa Bart on a Sunday afternoon...


Jase loves to feed Ellie because it is the only time she comes up to him. Haha, he is a little rough with her so she stays clear of him for the most part. She is sweet to him though.


We tried out nursery for the first time (I stayed in there with him) on Superbowl Sunday. Can you tell it was Superbowl Sunday by the sweater he is wearing?


We spent Superbowl at Brad and Carolee Anderson's house with all of their family and Darren's family. We had a great time (except for the fact that the 49ers lost). The food was excellent and great company as well!


Jase has some scratches and bruises from a little accident he had. Poor guy, but he is adorable and a trooper. He said, "Hi. Hi. Hi."

Happy Valentine's Day to my very favorite boys in the whole wide world! I love these two. Jase is wearing a V-Day shirt that my mom bought him. It says, "I'm a lover, not a fighter!" Pretty cute. Darren and I got a babysitter and went to our favorite sushi restaurant I Love Sushi. They had fabulous food and very fast service. A little too fast actually, they had us in and out a little faster then we wanted/expected. They had a ton of people trying to get in (they should have made reservations like us!) and they were super fast at making the rolls. But, it was delicious and on the bright side of things, we saved money on paying a babysitter to watch Jase as long as we thought. Once we got home we watch the movie "Leap Year". It was a cute romantic comedy. I love Valentine's Day! It's one of my favorites.


GG gave Jase this adorable Mickey Mouse! He loved it and I love him and her! His favorite show was the Mickey Mouse Club House. "Oh toodles!"


Papa Henry and Grandma Barbara came in town from Hawaii. We were so happy that they came! We went to Red Robin with them. Jase was a good boy (thank goodness). He is usually too active to sit still at restaurants. Papa Henry is going to be 89 this year so we don't know how many more trips to Vegas he will make. I guess that means next time we can hopefully go to Hawaii to visit him! *hint hint, wink wink, Darren!


MARCH

This is just a cute picture of our favorite boy!

Our little monkey boy was climbing all over the ottoman and just giggling so hard. I had to snap some pictures of my little baby model!


Happy Birthday to my beautiful Grandma Kathi! We surprised her with a birthday party at the park (because we knew that she wouldn't let us throw her one if we told her about it). It was so much fun. Jase had a blast climbing at the playground, swinging, and running all over. Darren and I got a work out trying to keep up with him!


We always have fun when we go over to the Villa's house and play in their backyard. These two munchkins thought they were so cool driving the Jeep!


Do you think that my husband wants us protected?? Haha, he is hilarious and bought me all of this. Love him! I have been shooting twice and Darren has been many times with his boss. His boss used to be a shooting instructor in the military. It was actually pretty fun and I learned a lot. Hopefully, I'll never have to use a gun, but if I do, at least I'll have some sort of idea what I'm doing.


Yay!!! We finally got new carpet! We (AKA me) have been wanted new carpet since we moved into our house. But, we couldn't afford to replace all of our flooring at once. So we did little by little. I am so glad that it is almost all done. All we have left is the 2 bathrooms upstairs which aren't done yet, only because we have been so busy with work, school, etc. Maybe during the 7 week school break we will finish up the bathrooms!


We celebrated Easter with the Youngs the day before Easter. We had a FANTASTIC meal that they made and we had fun spending time as a family. They even made us cute mini Easter baskets to take home!

Jase's Easter basket from the Easter Bunny!

I tried to get a picture of him in his Easter outfit and he wasn't having it! He was tired after church and ready for a nap. Can you tell??



This year was my family's turn for Easter. We had such a wonderful time. We went to my parent's house for Easter dinner with the Villamor's. We ate a yummy traditional Easter meal that consisted of ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, rolls, salad, jello, etc. After we had a really fun Easter egg hunt for all of the kiddies. My parents we so cute and got each grandchild some ears and an Easter basket to put their eggs (full of candy and MONEY) in. They had a blast!


Funny story: I went to check on Jase one night because he wasn't feeling well. I noticed that he had peed thru his diaper so I decided to change him. He was still totally asleep so I knew it was going to be a little tricky. As I took his jammies and diaper off, I just went to grab a new diaper (right below him on the changing table shelf) and within 2 seconds he had flipped onto his stomach and went back to sleep. To make it worse, he peed in this position before I put the diaper on. I felt so bad and tried my best to clean him up without waking this sick boy. I succeeded! But, have you ever seen such a cute little nakey bum??


APRIL
I just had to take a picture of this adorable boy splashing in the tub. He was having way too much fun!


Someone found Ellie's stash of treats! Uh-oh! Don't worry, I didn't let him actually eat any.


My parent's got Darren and I this adorable swing for our birthdays! I have wanted one for so long and we love it!

My sweet husband got me this for my birthday! Love him! I have been wanting one for a long time. I got Darren a new church suit. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of it. But, I can tell you that he looks dead sexy in it!



Girl's lunch for my birthday at Cafe Zupas! I love all of these beautiful women. They are my best friends and I am so grateful for each of them. Thanks again for the company and the fabulous presents!


I love Gordon Ramsay and I have been wanting to go to one of his restaurants but they are always pricier than I want to spend. BURGR is one of his newer restaurants in the Planet Hollywood and it has gormet burgers and hot dogs. I decided this is where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner. It was good. But, we felt like $50 was more than 2 burgers and fries was worth. Good burger though, Gordo!


Beautiful Hunter Beck Hadfield was born on April 30, 2013! He is beautiful and we are excited for another boy in the family (we are starting to catch up with boys)! Reesey is such a good big sister! Congrats Haddies!


MAY

Kiki and I flew up to Women's Conference together with our two little men. They did great on the flight and it was Parks' first flight! We had so much fun at WC that I forgot to take any pictures. So mad at myself for that. Kiki and I flew in Thursday and we arrived right in time to meet everyone for dinner at Brick Oven Pizza. Then we went to the dorms and let the kids run around while we all visited and had some good girl talk. I slept at Ashton's house the first night. On Friday, I met everyone (except Ashton because that was her last day of work) at BYU for classes. We had a great time! After, we all met up with Ashton at Maria Bonitas for dinner and celebrated Ashton's birthday. We then went to the SLC Hilton downtown (I got 2 free rooms for 2 nights) and hung out late. I was so glad that I got those rooms because Jase slept much better in the hotel and we were able to stay up and talk without disrupting him. Saturday eat brunch with my grandparents (below) and then went to City Creek to do some much needed shopping and Ash and I took Jase and Londy swimming at the hotel. Later that night we got take out and just chit chatted at the hotel.

We had a early Mother's Day brunch with my grandparents at the restaurant at the Salt Lake City Hilton. It was so nice to visit with them. They are so sweet and fun to get together with. Excited to see them soon!


I gave this boy a small piece of my Port of Subs brownie and a couple minutes later I turn around to see this! Haha


These two cuties are just watching some Toy Story in Grandma and Grandpa's play room. They have a hilarious love/hate relationship. One minute they are besties and the next minute they are fighting. Mostly because Jase steals every toy that Londyn picks up. Naughty!


Girl's dinner at I Love Sushi before Ashton flies to St. Louie for summer sales. I love my girls!


Cool shades at Baby Gap.


Darren surprised with Sea World tickets for Mother's Day (he gave them to me a week early) so we decided to go to San Diego for Memorial Day weekend. I got us a room at the Embassy Suites San Diego Bay. It was really nice and they we so accommodating. We arrived on Friday at about 4:30pm. We drove around downtown for a bit and then checked in the the hotel. We were pretty hungry and Jase was pretty tired (he only took a 45 min nap in the car) so we decided to order Pizza Hut and have them deliver it to the room. We ate and put Jase to bed early for the big day tomorrow. Darren and I stayed up and rented a movie and ate lots of treats and soda.


 
 SEA WORLD! Jase was sick of pictures at this point! Haha. Jase didn't like the shows, at all. But, he loved looking at all of the sea life and he really liked the toddlers Sesame Street splash pad. We stayed for about 3-4 hours before Jase was exhausted. We found a Chick-Fil-A on our way back to the hotel and had to eat some (because they don't have any in Vegas). We went back to the hotel to put Jase to bed. I took a nap with him. Once we woke up rested, we went and walked the pier and walked through the little shops and park that surrounded it. It was beautiful and very relaxed. We then decided to order in some Chinese delivery to the hotel (Jase does not do well at restaurants) and hang out. After Jase went to bed Darren and I rented another movie and ate more treats and soda! Oh the joy and getting a suite hotel room. We can still have fun once our child goes to bed, best idea ever!



Sunday Jase woke us up very early at 6am. We got ready and went downstairs for breakfast. It was delish. We came upstairs, packed up the car and headed to Mission Beach. It was actually a little cold and overcast (so we didn't get in) but it was still fun to smell the ocean and put our toes in the sand and water for a bit. Jase LOVED it. He threw a massive fit when we left. I felt bad but he was becoming a huge mess and we had to drive home. We cleaned off in the beach showers, got some In 'N' Out and headed home. Jase passed out in the car after a fun-filled weekend!



Memorial Day (the day after we got home from San Diego) we went to the lake with my family. Talk about a fun weekend! We had a great time. Jase loved it. He is such a water boy.


JUNE
It was an especially hot afternoon in Vegas (about 115 degrees) and Darren was working outside. I felt bad for him so I decided to take Jase and go drop off Darren a Slurpee at work. Well, when we got there Jase would not let Darren have the Slurpee. He loved it and he is a lucky boy that his dad loves him so much and gave it to Jase. I love my boys!
 


The day before Father's Day we took Rowan and Dorinda to the movie Star Trek at the Galaxy Theaters. Now, this is a regular movie theater, it is luxury. The seats recline all the way back (like an electronic lazy boy) and you have your own personal tray that pull out in front of you for your drink and treats. It's awesome. We had a great time with them. On Sunday (I feel bad I didn't take any pictures) I had my parents over for Father's Day lunch. My dad had to fly to Texas for work and we have 9am church so we were able to have them come over for lunch before he had his flight. We had a great time. I am so grateful for all of these wonderful men in my life!

1 comment:

Katelyn Haas said...

Blog Explosion! love reading your blog and am glad you posted :) you have such a cute family and looks like you guys have been busy! :)