In case you couldn't guess from the picture...I was called to be the new Beehive Adviser for our ward. I got a call Tuesday night from the 1st Counselor of the Bishopric asking if I would meet with him the following night. I knew right then that I was getting a calling. We have lived in our ward for about 4 months and have totally been under the radar until now. I figured I would probably get called to be a Primary teacher because that is where we have been for the past 2 years. I wasn't worried at all. On my way to the church I was talking to Shea on the phone and I actually said to her, "I think that it would be really fun to be called to Young Womens but I have a lot going on with school and work right now. I hope I get called to Primary where the lessons are a lot more basic and I can kinda just wing it. Yeah, I will most likely get called to Primary again." Nope, I jinxed it. And my dad had guessed that I would be Beehive Adviser. He told my mom that right before I met with the Bishopric. When I called Darren to tell him the news his response was, "Wow, that is like a real calling." Haha. Yep. But I really enjoyed my first week today. I didn't have to teach and I just got to relax and see how things ran. I am actually really excited about it and can't wait to get to know all of the girls!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
New Church Calling
In case you couldn't guess from the picture...I was called to be the new Beehive Adviser for our ward. I got a call Tuesday night from the 1st Counselor of the Bishopric asking if I would meet with him the following night. I knew right then that I was getting a calling. We have lived in our ward for about 4 months and have totally been under the radar until now. I figured I would probably get called to be a Primary teacher because that is where we have been for the past 2 years. I wasn't worried at all. On my way to the church I was talking to Shea on the phone and I actually said to her, "I think that it would be really fun to be called to Young Womens but I have a lot going on with school and work right now. I hope I get called to Primary where the lessons are a lot more basic and I can kinda just wing it. Yeah, I will most likely get called to Primary again." Nope, I jinxed it. And my dad had guessed that I would be Beehive Adviser. He told my mom that right before I met with the Bishopric. When I called Darren to tell him the news his response was, "Wow, that is like a real calling." Haha. Yep. But I really enjoyed my first week today. I didn't have to teach and I just got to relax and see how things ran. I am actually really excited about it and can't wait to get to know all of the girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gurl you are going to be da bomb and those gurls are going to love you. YOU ROCK!!! SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS!!!
Oh my heck! you will be perfect for that calling Whitnee. So fun. Beehives are the age where everything is still new and exciting to them in YW! ENJOY!
oh gurl.... beehives are crazies. I love them, so awky and I am excited for you to be besties so you can tell me how weird they are. do the dang thing
you are going to be the best advisor EVER!!!! I am so excited for you... Young womens ROCKs!!!!!
Post a Comment