Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Jase's Arrival! (Oh, and this blog is going private!)



 Getting ready to go home for the first time!
 So tired.
 Proud Daddy
Jase was born on September 28, 2011 at 10:11pm. He was 6 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. We are in LOVE with this little man. So, here goes the labor story...

I was scheduled to go into the hospital  on Tuesday, September 27th at 7:30pm to get the inducement process going. They wanted to put me on Cervital (helps you dilate easier) for 12 hours before inducing me because I was not dilated at all.  They did warn me that I might feel cramping and that this could possibly put me into labor before putting me on the Pitocin. They were right! My water broke the next morning right before starting the Pictocin and I starting contracting quite often.  It was getting painful. I was dilated to a 3 before they started the Pictocin. They continued to go about starting the Pictocin to speed up the process. At about 10:15am I was able to get my epidural (best thing EVER) and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. It saved me and I was able to be nice and functional throughout the process. Around 8pm my epidural started to fade and i started feeling quite a bit of pain. But, no need to worry, they came back in and hooked up another bag to my IV.  Thank goodness for modern medicine! About 9pm the nurse came in to check me and told me I was finally dilated to a 10! Bad news was that my pelvic bone is very small and they were nervous that the baby would not fit thru.  This was upsetting to hear because 1- I had been in labor for 12 hours already and 2- every woman in my immediate family has had to have c-sections and I thought I was going to be the one to actually have a regular delivery. They doctor arrived about 9:30pm after rehearsing some practice pushes. I was nervous because my baby's heart rate was dropping a bit and I had a fever at this point. After pushing with the doctor for about a half hour, he had to do a grade 3 episiotomy on me and then use forsepts to pull out my baby because of my small pelvic bone. Otherwise, we would have had to have a c-section. Needless to say, it was kinda a crazy night and worth EVERY SINGLE SECOND AND OUNCE OF PAIN. I would do it all over again 500 times for this little piece of heaven. Darren and I are completely obsessed and I cried my eyes out the second I saw him. He is the joy of our lives and we had no clue how much we could love this little child. I thank Heavenly Father that He trusts me to raise this beautiful boy and I know that motherhood is scared and the best gift I could ever encounter. I love being a mom!

P.S. With our new addition, we are going to make our blog private so please send me your email address if you want an invite!

5 comments:

Tuttles said...

OH I love him already. way to go girl. also, add me please. Jkirkie25@yahoo.com

The Andersons said...

LOVE MY BABY BOY JASE! Londy is so excited to meet him and so am I!

Bret and Britni said...

That's an intense birth story! I'm totally signing up for an epi, no doubt about that! Congrats on your ridiculously cute little boy! He's precious.

Erin said...

So happy for you guys! That sounds like a rough delivery. Can't wait to see baby Jase soon!

Da Bergs said...

Thank you for the invite!!! He is DARLING!!! AND, you look beautiful!!! :)